Tuesday 3 December 2013

Further sketches

Further sketches 

I have produced a few more sketches mocked up on the 6x4 inch format. These have been developed from my initial drawings and crit feedback. As shown I went for a minimalist concept to create a functional and versatile outcome. So after looking into Minimalism and coming across the Functionalism movement and the principles of the De Stijl movement I created these conceptually strong ideas. I will begin to digitally produce these and develop them into finals taking snippets of each and creating one overall successful design outcome. 

As it stands though I like the idea of the middle concept. playing around with either vector shapes traced from my original photo stock or playing about with different compositions of the actual photographic elements will create an interesting design outcome. The visible grid works in terms of been visually pleasing but causes too much clutter so this won't be used but the use of the grid itself in a format of guidelines could work. Typography will still be sans serif as this is the most legible and minimalist type style origin. 


Attempted at creating a design outcome on a landscape and portrait orientation  but I feel it will only work one way with my concept. So I am concentrating on creating a portrait outcome although the bottom left looks nice in terms of simplistic type layout and use of heir-achy.  Also the issue of shelf space means that portrait would work better it will take up less room. This was an after thought that was influenced by my crit and looking at other peoples designs but it didn't work very well for me, maybe with more time It could have but I had much stronger ideas in the portrait sector. 

No comments:

Post a Comment