Friday 30 January 2015

Adjusted brief choices

Adjusted brief choices 

After looking over my brief choices and analyzing the time I had left and where I was at with everything I decided to re jig the choices to allow a broader outcome in terms of the type of design work I could create. 

I am sticking with:
The Pantone brief with D&AD as my main focus point
The Fedrigoni Brief from YCN 
The The Penguin Brief 

In addition to these I am now going to submit for Secret7 & develop on some branding work for a new startup business of 2 of my friends within the Automotive engineering sector. 

Secret 7
Secret 7 is an event that allows creatives to enter submissions for 7inch record sleeves for one of the 7 track choices available. The event this year is held at Summerset house and 700 successfully entrants will have there work exhibited and sold to benefit the children's charity Nordoff Robbins. 

Guidelines are very simple to follow, online submission with basic restrictions on file type with no confusing details, the deadline is 4th March.

The track choice I'm going with is Born Slippy - Underworld, pretty nostalgic song from my childhood so I'm pleased this was a choice.

Like many of my other briefs Secret 7 is an opportunity to be recognized by lots of external companies, non the less with this as theres possibility of been recognized by the music industry through Universal Music UK, unfortunately the work displayed is blind up until someone purchasing the work so external recognition from this isn't possible. 

Branding work for JS & DH trading
I have been asked by two of my friends to create a brand image for their company that deals in selling automotive & engineering supplies online, there requirements where open they just wanted something that stood out and differed from the norm when it came to existing automotive companies. 

One definite requirement they wanted though was the incorporation of green and purple, something I couldn't change there mind on.

Focus on online presence through eBay was one area of focus.
And creating physical print promotion and stationery was the other so merging online presence within the print collateral was something I felt I needed to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment