Thursday 27 November 2014

Augmented Design Studio Brief 4 problem analyses and brief requirements

Augmented Design Studio Brief 4 problem analyses and brief requirements 

The brief requirements & problem analyses
The brief is an opportunity for me to expand on my current concept and content I have for the image focused Japanese motorsport website. The main focus of the brief is to create an interactive print campaign advertising and promoting the website and its content, to achieve this I need to consider& inform myself on the cross over of print & digital media and how they can react with each other.

Its not just limited to digital interactions of these print mediums though, print medias can be interactive with the end user without the need of a digital presence, and as my target audience is someone who doesn't really follow technology driven trends this is a strong consideration I need to keep at the back of my mind. 


A consideration to external commercial print preparation is important for the final deliverables, explaining how I would prepare the documents and potential use of materials will need to be evaluated but the actual deliverables will be printed in house with college facilities so I need to make use of the resources at my disposal to fully explore and experiment with materials and process's for print based outcomes.


Before beginning to tackle the brief I need to consider a project rationale taking into account:

Audience
Communication
Distribution
Content
Materials
Quantity
Time-frame
Printing method and cost

I need to look into advertising strategies and concepts along with physical aesthetic inspiration to help influence the print campaign I create, looking into campaigns within the automotive industry will add specific & relevant influence to the idea generations. 


Look into the latest technologies used in digital advertising alone, and the idea of augmented design through the use of print based mediums with interactive digital elements. 

Look how digital media can be translated into some sort of print format, this would be good to satisfy the target persona as they aren't very technology driven.


Consider how I can take over the focus of imagery and concise/precise textual information through Augmented design. 

Consider how I can bring in concepts from the website I created into this campaign so everything ties in together. (Japanese aesthetic, minimal aesthetic, lots of negative space, contrast of large image & small pt size type, GIF image, use of grids relevant to Japanese motorsport, structure, Japanese technological engineering etc)

Consider commercial printing throughout as mentioned. 

Highlight the benefits of digital technologies and the issues and advantages they will have for my specific content, concept and the target audience my website's currently aimed at. If theres any disadvantages how can I turn them round to benefit me and the end user. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment