Monday 14 October 2013

Alphabet Soup Interim Crit

Alphabet Soup Interim Crit

Today I had my first group crit, a small group of 12 unique disciplined students to help me spark further ideas and concepts from my current quick sketches. I found this very beneficial and soaked in alot of what was said, not just to me but to other people as it will all prove helpful in the development of my ideas. 

I presented my work forward and received positive feedback on a few elements but the most coming from an 'X' idea that is presented in my design practice blog, people liked this but mentioned how it could be made more legible on other letterforms. This could be done by adding a support element, and after seeing i experimented with an axis on one of my pieces it was said an element should be used as an axis to support the splices elements of certain letterforms. As is shown below in this 'Z'. I will bare in mind peoples advice on experimenting with paper stocks, printing methods and color combinations to portray different visual responses.


This is the second piece of developed work that i really like. Its very clean, simple and legible with an abstract twist. Splicing part of the letter from a set axis (create an axis/grid point for the set or individual axis points to splice off elements). Combining this with other words I have stemmed from could create strong design outcomes.


Main points for me to remember now are: 
Experiment with axis points, line weights, color, size, alignment within the 10cm x 10cm box and printing methods. These will provide to be the main development stages to create 10 different visual responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment