Thursday 28 November 2013

Backing paper concept sketches

Backing paper concept sketches 

I went on to create a few rough sketches and highlighted 3 that i could take foreword to create 3 base concepts from to present in my critique. At this moment i am at a dead end on how to create a good visual response and really do need some direction. I created an imaginary brand for the frame backing photo i chose clarity as I feel it gave me a sufficient use of words like 'minimalist, fresh, angular, linear & grid'. I wanted to simulate versatility so attempted with some pieces to create abstract compositions but try keep some clarity about the overall design.

Clean sans serif typeface has been emulated here, the large cross represents were a stock image would be used. I like the type only example on the 2nd row, I feel as a set it works the best and has a very minimalist feel. The type edit on the y is something I like too, it has a feeling of deconstruction which contrasts nicely with the overall structure and accuracy of the composition. I am undecided were I can take my ideas right now and as mentioned aren't happy with these outcomes. 

I would like to use monotone overlays in some of these photos, would be interesting what kind of colour combinations I can experiment with within type & image usage to create different outcomes. 

Works in a hierarchy kind of way with the header been the largest point size with smaller point sizes forming a vague triangular shape which is something i like. I could play about with the idea of creating different shapes like circles and squares through different type layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment