Friday 3 October 2014

Idea Presentation, Crit Feedback & How I Will Develop On My Idea

Idea Presentation, Crit Feedback & How I Will Develop On My Idea

I presented this design board forward in the crit today after advice on if the concept idea is strong enough to move forward with and if the construction I created will work for this concept.

Feedback
The Feedback I received wasn't as positive as I thought but I was sort of expecting this as once I created the structured I started to see flaws in it so when people mentioned it was slightly confusion in its representation of the concept I understood.

As I already gathered the night before the crit It was clear this construction only appeared aesthetically pleasing from above when the illusion of a cube was created so this was a point that was made by my peers. 

The circular base used also didn't fit well with the angular shapes of the construction so if I went forward with this idea that would need to be changed to something square maybe. 

Me and the people in the crit agreed the concept idea was really good and had potential to work very well with a different construction.

Keeping the key idea was a point Simon made as it was an effective way of simplifying down all the design stages and an informative way of describing the key points of the design stage however I chose to present them. 

During the studio tasks and this Crit I have seen alot of tracing paper used, I think using this could aid my concept idea somehow I just need to figure out how as I feel tracing paper has some nice qualities when folded and has potential to work well with conjunction of coloured stocks. 

Next stages
Taking forward the strong concept Idea I will begin researching into more specific fold techniques that will lend there selves to this idea, I will then go through experimentation with these fold techniques finding the most successful for representing my idea.

Taking forward the key idea I will then develop either a shape, pattern, or color system to represent the main design stages within my process and incorporate it into the construction I make. 

No comments:

Post a Comment