Friday 7 February 2014

Secret 7 Interim Crit

Secret 7 Interim Crit

After presenting my ideas forward to my half of the group I now have a little more direction. Although it was difficult to decide were to take my designs as I received an equal split in terms off feedback for each design. Bellow is my feedback.

From my feedback I plan on taking forward the halo and guitar string idea after positive feedback from Simon on both visuals and concept, and The Simpsons idea due to everyones positive feedback on the originality and the visual aspect off it. 

To strengthen this decision I will take forward the following feedback:
"I like the idea of "trapped" have you thought about color choices and concept of the color" Im happy with this feedback, experimenting with color and connotations with relevance to the album and Jake Bugg is how I'm going to develop my ideas next.

"The duff idea creates the best visuals and is a very welcome change to the majority of typical responses" This gave me confidence in this design after this feedback I decided it would be one I take into the final development stages. Everyone liked the guitar string so i may wrap the guitar string around the bottle to add relevance to Jake Bugg. 

"I like the simplistic design & colors work well too" From this feedback I will carry on creating simplistic minimal images to emulate Jakes stripped back simplistic style. 

"I don't think the bright colors off yellow, pink etc work for the artist" This constructive feedback has made me think into the previous mention off color connotations and meanings in relevance to the song and Jake Bugg himself. 

Alongside the Crit feedback and how I will develop the designs with this feedback I also plan on experimenting with illustration techniques. Looking into the illusive illustration book will give me inspiration for more abstract image making techniques which may connote the abstractness needed within the relevance of the song name "strange creatures". 

I will be keeping things simple and minimal. 

Use colors that connote Jake Buggs traditional sense of style within fashion and his music production alongside relevant colors to the song "strange creatures" meaning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment