Wednesday 26 March 2014

Final crit feedback for Mercury Rising poster

Final Crit feedback for Mercury Rising poster

Presented here is the design board to support the physical screen prints for the final crit presentation ready for feedback on my final designs.

In terms of crit feedback I wasn't able to obtain much feedback off the group in a formal crit format due to been away on the day. I did however gather some feedback from a range of different audiences over the past few days after the screen prints were made. 

I explained the basic concept of the design in as minimal detail as I could get away with to non creative friends and they understood the idea I presented forward and all mentioned how eye catching it was and loved the use of silver inks and didn't think it was possible to create metallic effects so well with such a simple method.

I asked a few of my peers in class too what they though of it, they all liked the concept and loved the aesthetics of it but there was a pretty even split on which was the better stock choice, I personally preferred the lighter stock due to the contrast but some people favored the more subtle contras within the grey stock and mentioned how the metallic silver has more of a "sheen" too it on that stock. I think thats due to the smooth texture of the grey stock compared to the more rough texture of the antique white paper stock.

The only negative feedback received for my final design was that a few people said the words "mercury rising" weren't really legible within the mass of glyphs and symbols, I didn't want pure legibility but I wanted the viewer to distinguish the words after slight investigation of the image to give it that interactive feel like they themselves are decoding a message. Most people could notice these glyphs though which shows the visual concept worked reasonably well though.

The final points made were the good use of color pallet and how well the two hues worked together as a good contrast of light and dark tones.  A simple color pallete was my intentions and they agreed with the use of red for presentation of action connotations and when I asked about the idea of a thermometer they thought that was a good little extra to the connotations and links of the color. The use of metallic silver was strongly favored due to the shine too it and how well it linked with and visualized the metal "mercury".

No comments:

Post a Comment