Wednesday 15 January 2014

Image creation & Preparation

Image creation

From my source imagery I began creating my illustrations for use in the app. The style off image making came from a technique i established in my foundation year. Through the use off fine liner I was able to add crisp and accurate lines to the drawings creating outlines that resembles mechanical blueprints. To add depth and texture I added stippling and simple small lines. Through the use of a single tonal range and colour a flatness was added to the image that I feel will work well and emulates detail well and as I plan on creating a minimal layout this imagery wont feel out of place within the type choices and layout decisions. I could have created these in adobe illustrator which is what I would prefer to add even more accuracy through the vector process, but due to me still been slow with the program time wouldn't allow this. 

Simple line art and block colouring. 

The addition off "stippling" adding dots to create tone and texture 

Bellow are all the final drawings ready for manipulation in Photoshop. 

Simple manipulation process, imported image from my scanner. Selected the background area, the whitest area I could select. 

Select > Similar to highlight all white tones leaving the black positive image. 

I then erased the background leaving a clean image ready for insetting into indesign. This process was applied to the remaining images. 

No comments:

Post a Comment